NLP Training is a process that never ends. You need to train your NLP system when you set up your intent, and then as you gather more data, you re-train it to become even more accurate. Also, as language evolves and changes, you need your bot to stay updated
When your agent is trained, Dialogflow uses your training data to build machine-learning models specifically for your agent. Whenever you change your agent, you should ensure that the agent is trained before attempting to use it. Depending on your agent settings, training may occur automatically or manually.
For reviewing and setting the training parameters on your agent click on the “Gear” icon to open the agent's settings page, and go to the ML Settings in the top menu.
Please note that by default, Dialogflow updates your agent's machine-learning model every time you make changes to intents and entities, import or restore an agent, or train your agent.
To proceed with the manual training of your agent, just click on the Train button in the ML Setting menu.
You can also use the Dialogflow Training Tool to analyze, import, and export actual conversation data, and to improve your training data.
Using the tool, you can:
- Review actual end-users inputs and the intents that are matched for each conversational turn with the current agent model.
- Add the end-user expressions from these conversations to the training phrases of the matched intents, different intents, or fallback intents.
- Import end-user expressions you have prepared or captured from actual conversations.
Let’s see how to use the Training Tool:
First, from the left-hand panel of Google Dialogflow, choose ‘Training’. You will then be provided with a list of responses to your bot.
Then tap into one of the responses:
- If the intent suggested is correct, simply tap on the checkbox on the right-hand side and validate this response for the intent. It will turn green and then you have to click “Approve”.
- If Dialogflow does not automatically know the appropriate Intent for a specific user response, then tap on the words, “Click to Assign” in the bottom left-hand corner.
For more details about the training feature in Dialogflow, please check the Dialogflow documentation here
Updated 19 days ago