This page will guide you through inserting web Instabot into any page or post of your WebPress site, or how to configure Instabot to launch when a user clicks a link or button.
You only have to perform these steps once! Once the Instabot code is inserted into your WordPress site, you can change your bot's location, behavior, and content in the Instabot portal without touching any code, ever again!
You can find the Instabot WordPress plugin here: https://wordpress.org/plugins/instabot/
- In your WordPress dashboard, select
Add New, search for
Install, then finally
Install the WordPress Instabot plugin
- Get your Instabot API key, enter it into the plugin settings page, then click "Save changes"
Scripts n Styles WordPress plugin
This section will show you how to configure Instabot to launch when a user clicks on a specific link or button on your WordPress page or post.
Steps 1 and 2 only need to be completed once
- In your WordPress dashboard, select Plugins, then
Add a new WordPress plugin
- Search for the WordPress plugin
Code Embed, then click
Install, then click
Code Embed WordPress plugin
Now, let's jump over to the Instabot portal to create and assign a Instabot event-trigger to your conversation. Open your Instabot conversation, click
Edit, then click
Create a new event-trigger by selecting "event-trigger" in the dropdown, naming your event-trigger something intuitive like "need-help-button-click", click "Create New Event Trigger" to add it, then click 'Save'.
Trigger settings for launching Instabot via event-trigger
apiKey- Your Instabot API key
Your Instabot event-trigger- The event-trigger attached to your Instabot conversation as configured in the Instabot portal
Link name- The text of the link that users will click to launch Instabot
- Open the post you want to insert Instabot into and enable the
Custom Fields in a new post
- In the
Custom Fieldssection, click
- In the
- In the
Add Custom Field
- In the body of your post, enter
%CODE1%anywhere in the post
- In the
- Now, view your new post, click your link (if applicable), and your Instabot will launch in the bottom-right corner of your post!
Instabot launching on link-click
If you are using the WP Rocket caching plugin to make your WordPress site load faster, please follow the below instructions to avoid any potentially negative interactions between Instabot and the WP Rocket plugin.
- In your WordPress configuration page, open the WP Rocket settings page, then open the File Optimization tab
WordPress configuration --> WP Rocket --> File Optimization
- Scroll down to the section
If you are using the Avada theme's 'Code Block' feature to insert Instabot into the page/post, make sure that the "Disable Code Block Encoding" option under "Theme Options > Advanced" is set to enabled.
For more information, refer your developer to this article documenting the issue